Sunday, April 26, 2009

sad news. :( (A)

There's no way to sugar-coat this, so i'm just going to come right out and let you guys know.  My sweet little turtle, Tia, died yesterday.  i was very sad.  when i left to go to work at 11 yesterday, she was basking in the light of her lamp, happy as could be.  but by the time i got home at 4, she was... gone.  she had been acting strange for quite some time, so i had taken to checking on her right when i got home from anywhere.  so i checked on her yesterday afternoon. this is how it went. i came inside, took off my shoes, set down my purse and put my apron in my room.  i then walked into the kitchen and looked at tia in her tank.  she appeared to be sleeping. i decided to check on her.

"Tia!"

nothing.

i knocked on the glass.

nothing. 

i shook the whole dang tank.

still nothing.

so finally i reached in and gave her a little nudge.

that's when i knew.  she was gone.

that's when i left.

i didn't know what to do. i texted tawni and told her.  i texted ivan and told him (tia was a gift from ivan).  both were very upset.  i  decided to wait until carissa got home to tell her.  that was about one hour later.  she texted me while i was wandering around target, wasting time.  i went home and broke the news to her. (she hadn't even noticed!)  we decided to go out to dinner and go shopping to clear our minds and to give me the chance to get some retail therapy.  i think it worked, i was quite happy by the time we got back.  then we  put tia in a little box to bury her in (by we, i mean carissa. i wouldn't have been able to do it).  i almost cried.  at least it's a cute box. funeral services will be tomorrow.  probably around 4.

3 comments:

Allen and Terri said...

I guess it wasn't too tramatic, you handled it well didn't even need to call home and tell mom & dad. oh our Ashy is so grown up!! do you suppose they have turtles in Heaven? you'll probably have to look hard to find her.

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Ash. At least you can know she isn't suffering anymore and she is in a better place!:-) I'll let you tell Mason tho. I'm not sure I'm ready for that!

Kourtney Dawn said...

Ahh, I'm so sad, I'm not going to tell Brigette, she would be very upset. Are we still on for Chili's tomorrow????????