Thursday, August 6, 2009

something a little newish

so the other day i was bloghopping (nothing funny or stalkerish, no worries.) and i came across a blog that had more than one person writing on it, kinda like this one! i noticed something quite remarkable about it. every time a different person wrote on it, it said who it was. and not just a simple, "hey this is tom* writing this." no, it said down at the bottom, posted by tom* at 9:42 a.m. on July 29, 2009 *.
i was baffled.
i was jealous.
i wanted that.
now don't give me any of that "thou shalt not covet" stuff, because i just don't think it applies to this here situation.
anywho, i've been hunting and searching (and any other synonym you can think of for hunting) for a way for my posts to say "posted by ashley lois at 9:42 a.m. on july 29, 2009**." and guess what? i found it. sure, i had to set up my own blogspot account and whatnot, but i'm super stoked for this. now you'll know when you're reading my work, and not just by the color of the font, which i left out on purpose for this particular post.
do you smell that?
smells like success to me.
oh, and i had to create a whole now following list and stuff, so if you have a private blog, please do me the honor of leaving your email address here so i can once again read your blog. or read your blog for the first time (hint, hint, Kristal!). I promise i'll delete the addresses as soon as i finish up my business.

*names and dates changed to protect the identity of actual bloggers.
** date subject to change. obviously.

7 comments:

Jordan said...

That is pretty cool! IM glad you figured it out!

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley Lois said...

i didn't wanna put out my email address cuz it's way easier to just delete comments once i'm done with everyone's stuff than it is to keep my address up there and worry about creepy web-stalkers and not everyone getting my address once i edit the post and remove my address. i just kinda figured i'd email whomever is willing and it would be less editing and stuff. hope that makes sense!

Hannah said...

Ahh very much so. Excuse me being so slow...it's nap time. :)

Alicia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

I'm so happy for you! Its strange the things that get us excited isn't it!

Kourtney Dawn said...

you are such a goof!!! i love you still though!!!