Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Great and the Not So Great

Starting off with the great. Most people know that I am ENGAGED! WOOT!! I seriously couldn't be happier. I love him so much!

Here's a quick over-view of the engagement story (since I know all of you are dying to know)

He proposed on Sunday. He suggested that we take a Sunday drive. I was thinking maybe 30 minutes tops. Seems he had other plans because our drive was 4 and a half hours. We went from Snowflake to Heber to Payson to Pine/Strawberry to Winslow to Joe Town. Here we are just starting out. I kind of suspected something was up. Let's say about 75% sure he would propose.

Right before Heber, JD pulled over because he said "the door wasn't shut tight and was whistling." He gets out, gets back in, and hands me gerbera daisies. My fav!!


Outside of Strawberry he pulled over and said he was hungry. Hidden under my coat was a box of chocolates. I open the box, it takes a few seconds, but I eventually notice the ring under one chocolate. SO JD takes the ring, takes my hand, and leads me outside. (See picture below)


There he asked me to be his forever and I full-heartily accepted.

You might be asking yourself: "Did Tawni touch her left hand so gently to his cheek to show off her new rock?" Yep. You better believe I did.

Now on to the not so great. Well, I suppose it can be a great example of how dumb I can be.

Tonight I decided to make pork chops and rice. I put the rice in the microwave for easier and faster results. 4 minutes later, the microwave beeps at me, letting me know its time to stir the rice. I open the door, grab the bowl, and dip the spoon in to stir. THen this happened.



Which resulted in this.

OWEE! Hot plastic and rice/butter is not a good thing to drop on your foot. Luckily i had socks on so the burn isn't too bad. It immediately blistered and starting hurting. I ran cold water on it then Natalie doctored me up best she could.


Note to self: When microwave instructions say use glass, microwavable bowl, FOlLOW those instructions.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

Congrats on the engagement! That is so exciting!! sorry about your foot though, burns are the worst!

Dayna said...

YAY tawni! i am so happy for you!! well, about the engagement, not the foot burn (:

Jordan said...

I have been waiting on this post! Im so happy for you! What a cute way to propose. You are going to LOVE married life! Im sure you have heard that a million times but seriously- There is nothing better!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Tawn!!
I am so excited for you it is not even funny you deserve so much happiness and I am so glad you are marrying someone from Snowflake maybe then I will get to see you :) I love you and cant wait for all the fun to start!!
Dearest Ash!!
I just wanted you to know I loved you and that I miss you!!

Ok friends I will stop taking up post room now!! love ya :)

Terry and Heather said...

Yeah Tawnie!! My Hubby and I know JD pretty well, Terrry grew up with all o them. We are so excited for you guys!

p.s this is your Best friend Holly"s cousin.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! When and where is the big day!?

Unknown said...

congrats on the engagement!!! JD is a great guy! He will make you very happy. I hope to get a wedding invite!!!