Monday, June 29, 2009

Curb Appeal

I returned from Georgia well over a week ago and I'm just now posting pictures. Sorry, 1800 miles of driving kinda makes you a wee bit tired! Here's a few facts about our journey home:
1800miles, 36 hours, 3 days, 7 states (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona), 5 people, 2 vehicles. Overall the trip was pretty good. We didn't see one accident our entire trip, which we consider to be a great blessing!!!!

Now onto the title of my post. Every single home out in Georgia has amazing curb appeal! I was blown away by how gorgeous houses were! Even trailers look amazing out there, partly because they have luscious green lawns that they only have to mow once a week to maintain. One day we were driving through the small town of Sylvester just to look at houses. I snapped a few pictures of my favs. I didn't take too many because some people were watching and probably wondering why the heck I was taking pixs of their homes.








This one is actually an old plantation home!
This is not a home. This is a mortuary. This is where the services were for both my granny and grandaddy. Madre says it's beautiful inside!


And this ladies and gents' is my all time favorite home! It was right across the street from Fred's (similar to ALCO or Family General store). I think I stared at this house for a good ten minutes. I have concluded that this is my dream home. I'll save this picture for future references. When/ if that certain man in my life tells me that he'll build me a home, I'll whip out this photo without a moments hesitation!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! Those really are some beautiful homes! I would love to live in a home like that!

Kourtney Dawn said...

I will take any of those houses!!! I loved them all!!!