Thursday, January 7, 2010

disappointment of the day

i was gleefully reading 1000 awesome things (which i found on some chick's blog that is HILARIOUS and i kinda check it a lot even though i don't know exactly who she is. don't judge- i'm totally not a creeper.) when i thought of something that i find pretty awesome.

peach-pineapple salsa. sure, sure. it sounds WEIRD, but don't knock it till you try it. it's delicious. even people who normally don't like sweeter salsa - aka natalie- like it. (fyi: we pronounce salsa with a z sound - salza. it's jessica's fault. they make up words in that family. since she's my sister, those words inevitably become a part of my vocabulary.)

it just so happens that i made mom buy me some of that delicious salza just the other day at safeway. i was so happy! what could accompany my reading of 1000 awesome things better than an awesome snack!? the answer? nothing.

i made my merry way over to the cupboard to get out the chips, and that's when it happened.

i searched high and low, but to no avail. the tortilla chips. they were... (gulp)... GONE! those darn nephews of mine must have ate them all last night at dinner. (i say nephews here, but i really mean hayden, tanner, mason and brigette. i thought i'd clarify here and add brigette's name, since she technically isn't a nephew, but a niece. whatevs)

well, needless to say, i got real sad when i saw how bare the cupboards were. commence lame walk to the couch.

what? you don't know HOW to lame walk? yeesh! where have you been? i'll give you step-by-step instructions:
  1. let out a big breath, which can be slightly whiny-sounding if you wish.
  2. drop chin to chest.
  3. let your arms dangle by your side. kinda like dead weight. make no attempt to move or control them.
  4. slowly lift your foot just enough to move it forward (may result in some shuffling of feet)
  5. repeat step four with alternating feet until you reach your destination.
  6. if your destination is a place where taking a seat is an option, flop down on that seat and feel sorry for the lameness that just invaded your otherwise happy day
there it is... my morning in a salza-less nutshell and instructions on the ever useful lame walk.

4 comments:

Kourtney Dawn said...

Good thing I got you some tortilla chips!!! Hence- end to a lame salza-less morning!!! Love ya!!! xoxxo

Holly Ann said...

BAHAHAHHA oh Ash you crack me up!!! I'm glad Kourtney got you chips to end the lame walk. :)

Jessica said...

I'm sorry for my boys porking out all the chips! I'll have a talk with them about it laterz!

Natalie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yes that salsa is good! and please give the instructions for the prancing shuffle walk you did that one day when I was in my room and you didn't know I could see you out of the corner of my eye.... So funny!